Ye! Boost Programme: Ghana
Applications have now closed.
Do you want to pitch to international investors and win a 5,000 USD grant?
Do you want expert advice to get your business ready for internationalisation and export?
If you answer is yes, then you have come to the right place.
Read on to learn more about Ye! Boost Programme in Ghana.
The Ye! Boost Programme is launched by the Youth and Trade Programme at the International Trade Centre (ITC) in collaboration with accelerators in developing countries. This initiative aims to facilitate the internationalization of youth-led enterprises.
Studies from the Global Accelerator Learning Initiative (GALI) show that accelerated companies perform better than others, create more jobs and raise more capital from investors. However, those local companies therefore also require advanced technical support to select potential markets, understand barriers to trade, find the most appropriate international buyers and suppliers, and approach international financiers for trade finance and investment. Such knowledge is often difficult to access for youth-owned businesses in developing countries.
The proposed solution for youth entrepreneurs: Ye! Boost Programme
The goal of this initiative is to provide a selected pool of promising young entrepreneurs with specialized support, networks, partners and resources on:
- International trade and investment;
- Market access and barriers to trade;
- Export-related sector knowledge;
- Access to qualified buyers/suppliers and investors;
We are happy to announce that Ghana was selected as the pilot country for the Ye! Boost Programme, and it is now open for applications. Please find more details below:
Ye! Boost Programme in Ghana
- Operational partners: Kumasi Hive; ITC
- Application period: 8 February – 5 March
- Due Diligence and selection: 5 March - 7 April
- Selected ventures notified: 7 April
- Accleration programme begins: 19 April
- Acceleration duration: 14 weeks
For your venture to be eligible for the Ye! Boost Programme, you have to meet the following criteria:
- A registered business, with the founder under 35 years of age and a Ghanaian national;
- The business demonstrates a minimum of 1-year revenue generation;
- The selection will be sector agnostic, however ideally your business creates social impact and connects to one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
What we offer
- Expert led trainings on internationalisation, export readiness, investor readiness, advice on navigating the AfCFTA;
- Program then closes with a pitch competition for top 5 ventures. The winner will receive a 5,000 USD grant from the ITC’s Ye! Community.
Click the link to apply.
See the full programme brochure attached to the bottom of this post.
Go to Kumasi Hive for further details.
If you have any questions about the application, please feel free to contact at email@example.com.